• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stepping down as moderator

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
I’ve recently made the difficult choice to step down as Moderator due to family commitments. I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to carry out this role as part of the Moderator team, but find it increasingly difficult to give as much time as I’d like to both family and the BHF moderating role.

I want to thank you all for your continued support. I too shall continue to contribute. Well I can’t give it all up can I ?! Like others I shall try to do my bit by keeping this forum busy, informative and a great place to visit for all. And together let’s take it from strength to strength.

Thank you all.

Viv.

Viv - I do hope you wll continue to contribute. I always love the snippets you post from the papers and the fact you keep us on our toes with those "where is this" posers.
Enjoy those grandchildren and all the best in your semi retirement from the forum. x

Sorry to hear that Viv, but I do understand where you're coming from. I have edited the church magazine for the past eight years but now feel that I want to devote my time to other things. Lovely that you'll have more time to spend with the little ones - the time with them goes by in a flash. Enjoy!

Thanks both. I certainly shall continue to contribute - I can’t give that up too! And I’d miss you all too much.xxx

Viv - I do hope you wll continue to contribute. I always love the snippets you post from the papers and the fact you keep us on our toes with those "where is this" posers.
Enjoy those grandchildren and all the best in your semi retirement from the forum. x
totally agree jan. and it is more time consuming being a moderator than most think...thanks for everything viv and please keep your snippets coming when you have time ..oh and enjoy your trip to usa viv to see your family

lyn

Last edited:
I’ve recently made the difficult choice to step down as Moderator due to family commitments. I’ve enjoyed the opportunity to carry out this role as part of the Moderator team, but find it increasingly difficult to give as much time as I’d like to both family and the BHF moderating role.

I want to thank you all for your continued support. I too shall continue to contribute. Well I can’t give it all up can I ?! Like others I shall try to do my bit by keeping this forum busy, informative and a great place to visit for all. And together let’s take it from strength to strength.

Thank you all.

Viv.
Thank you for all your hard work. As a member of the forum I really appreciate all the time and effort you have given. Without the moderators the forum could not exist.
Carolann

I was going to say something witty like.... you`ll have to behave yourself now you`re one of us. Silliness aside, i hope you enjoy your "retirement " There is nothing more important than family. Enjoy your new leisure time.

Thanks for your hard work in behalf of BHF, it has helped me to do some great reminiscing even going back about 60 years to when I started speed skating for the Birmingham Mohawks, there's fabulous threads to them on the BHF.
Its a great website, all the best.

Thank you very much indeed for your task as a Moderator Vivienne.
You have been inspirational when finding a new topic for a thread: long may it continue.

Thanks for all the work you've done as a moderator Vivienne and for all the new information you have contributed - newspaper articles etc.
We look forward to your continued posts!

Thank you Viv for your warm comments.I would like to take this opportunity to say that you have all been very friendly and made me feel at home.Thank you again,enjoy yourself, and all the very best for the future.

Hi Viv. I have been away for a few days so sorry for the late response. Thank you for all the interesting new threads that you have introduced. Yes, spend more well-earned time with your family and hope we will still see plenty of postings from you. All the best.

Back