• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stella Street, Nechells

E

eileen

Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen.

Stella Street

Hi Eileen,

Hope this picture of a 1960's map helps.

cheers,

pmc1947

stella street.JPG

Last edited:
Stella Street

Hello PMC1947

Thanks very much for the map - I have searched everywhere to find Stella Street on a map! I am so pleased to see where my Dad was born.

Cheers, Eileen

Hiya, I actually found out my nan lived at 6 back of 20 stella street and im trying to find a photo. her name was sheila parkins and her mother was Elizabeth parkins

Hi Have just found out my GG Grandfather live in Stella Street up until May 1920. Did anyone find a picture of Stella Street please. Brummie30 or Eileen.

Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen.
Hi Eileen did you ever find a picture of Stella street As my GG Grandfather lived there up until May 1920 he actually lived back 22 Stella Street
Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen

Hiya, I actually found out my nan lived at 6 back of 20 stella street and im trying to find a photo. her name was sheila parkins and her mother was Elizabeth parkins
My GG Grandad lived at Back Stella Street to till May 1920 did you ever find a photo please

The closest I can get to Stella Street is its junction with Nechells Park Road just before the New Inns on the corner of Stuart Street. I have however replaced the map showing the location of Stella Street.

Nechells Nechells Park Rd at Stella St.jpg

1566816604926.png

A map by Phil in the Nechells Park Road thread: Stella Street looks quite short.

Stella Street is now Showells Gardens. doing my ancestry a number of them lived on or near Stella street. Want to find out the house number order compared to the houses now there. I believe it was all rebuilt so less houses

Hi Eileen did you ever find a picture of Stella street As my GG Grandfather lived there up until May 1920 he actually lived back 22 Stella Street
Hi, one of my relatives - Albert Clarke, his wife Emily and his father in law Charles Perfect were at 22 Stella St in the 1921 census.

Back