• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Steam Locos

For information it is Vintage Trains.
Main issue with steam tours is the cost of fuel these days and the time in preparation, unfortunately diesel tours just need a turn of the key and the drivers are more readily available and younger.
I know actually, I follow the their movements. It just happens that I was reading about Virgin Media shortly before hand. ;)

7812 Erlestoke Manor is one of three Manor class locomotives based at the SVR​

It entered service in January 1939 in the Bristol/Bath area, working passenger and freight trains to places such as Salisbury, Weymouth, Weston Super Mare and Cardiff. Post-War, 7812 was based in the far South-West, often assisting with long distance expresses on the notorious ‘Devon banks’.
moved in November 1965, to Woodham’s scrap yard

1692780607272.jpeg

more info on Radiorails post #735 London Transport L94. Formerly GWR 7752

Last edited:

Ex GWR 0-6-0 tankengine5775 was built at Swindon in 1929 and withdrawn from Pontypool Road locomotive depot in 1963 and was sold to London Transport (L it was painted in the London Transport maroon livery with the number L89 and worked in the London area until it was purchased for preservation by the KWVR having been painted in a chocolate coloured livery and the fictitious railway company initials G. N. & S.Rly. (Great Northern & Southern Railway). This tank engine featured in the ever popular film 'The Railway Children

It has also featured in Last of the Summer Wine but with KWVR on the sidetank

1694854715001.jpeg

Last edited:
Back