• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Covid vaccination process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD IS MADE UP OF MEMBERS’ EXPERIENCES OF HAVING THE COVID VACCINATION.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS TO OTHERS AS WE ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO DO SO.

Oldmohawk and Mike. Keep us posted on the Pfizer please - think members will be interested to hear your experience. Thanks. Viv.

Last edited:
Oldmohawk and Mike. Keep us posted on the Pfizer please - think members will be interested to hear your experience. Thanks. Viv.
Ok. Got there 5 mins early. It seemed they were changing shifts after lunch, so was slight delay. Took name etc, given piece of paper with details on it and space for time of injection and time of second injection (in 4 weeks). this was outside. They have garden , so told to sanitise and wait under a sort of small open-sided canvas roof, but only one ahead of me and I was told to follow them in. Ushered to room, where nurse (I gather she had retired and come back for this) checked details on computer and then asked questions (address again, allergies, been on any covid trial etc) which she had to fill in. She was slightly confused by the form as I think it was her first shift, but ok after checking with colleague. Then injection (hardly felt it) adn taken to room with chairs separated by plastic partitions and waited there for 15 mins afte rinjection. There were two rooms for this, probablya bout 25 chairs in all. Then off to bus home

My experience ...
I was impressed with the vaccination hub I went to.
Marshalls on the dark car-park.
Temperature check and preliminary interview at front door.
Another interview just inside to check identity.
Yet another interview to check allergies etc, and acceptance signature.
The injection ... didn't feel a thing ... handed leaflet and second visit card.
Had to sit socially distanced in a supervised ventilated room for 15 minutes.
No noticeable after-effects this following day.

Now settling down for my Zoom/Skype/Facetime Christmas ....:)

Edit. Post moved here from another thread.

Following on from Dave's question and having just read reply from oldMohawk on Christmas 2020 thread about antivirus jab I wondered if there should be a separate thread for this too as I am sure over the coming months there will be number of folk with questions.
If I can start this off by asking if those who have had the jab had anything said to them about the requirement to continue wearing a mask. The reason I ask this is, I have heard two say so far that when they have had their second jab they will be able to hug their grandchildren. The jab may protect us from harmful effects of the virus but it will not stop us from picking it up and passing it on. Your thoughts welcome. Also for this to be put into separate thread if thought necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit. The following extract was copied from another thread.
................. asking if those who have had the jab had anything said to them about the requirement to continue wearing a mask. The reason I ask this is, I have heard two say so far that when they have had their second jab they will be able to hug their grandchildren. The jab may protect us from harmful effects of the virus but it will not stop us from picking it up and passing it on. Your thoughts welcome. Also for this to be put into separate thread if thought necessary. Edit- this new thread created.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Johnny - yes, a useful reference for members. I shall move the jab posts to it’s own thread in the General Discussion section. It will be for any information about the vaccination process. But we cant offer recommendations or advice to individuals. Viv.

Here is the new thread. Viv.

It has been 48 hours since I had the jab and have had no after-effects at all and have difficulty identifying the site of the injection. I shall continue to follow 'Hands, Face, and Space' rules because we do not know how effective the vaccine is, or how long protection will last.
:)

My neighbour has just had an interview for a job helping with the new vaccinations .She was told they would contact her in January.She went for her interview at the QE training school she was asked which area she preferred to go to if she got the job as they have stations at Villa Park,millenium point or the NEC.She jumped at the station for VIlla Park as it is only down the road.

My experience ...
I was impressed with the vaccination hub I went to.
Marshalls on the dark car-park.
Temperature check and preliminary interview at front door.
Another interview just inside to check identity.
Yet another interview to check allergies etc, and acceptance signature.
The injection ... didn't feel a thing ... handed leaflet and second visit card.
Had to sit socially distanced in a supervised ventilated room for 15 minutes.
No noticeable after-effects this following day.

Now settling down for my Zoom/Skype/Facetime Christmas ....:)

Its such good news to hear the vaccine is now being rolled out in the Uk and that you had a good experience about the measures taken to do it so well, Mohawk.
Here in Australia we wont get vaccine until around March but we are doing ok after 2 total lockdowns but still have restrictions and will have for a while and must still wear masks in shops and anywhere you are unable to self distance, and must by law carry a mask at all times.
I am inspired by the different ideas you all have to celebrate a "different" Christmas or maybe looking forward to an Easter Christmas. :)
So much positivity comes out in your messages here about Christmas 2020, I am thinking of you all in the UK and wishing you all best for Christmas and the New Year.
Stay safe,

Wendy

There was something on the news this morning about the next version of the vaccine. This should be a single shot rather than the two for the first version. They say it should be approved soon and that the government has ordered 100 million doses. I don't know who they're planning on vaccinating. There aren't that many people in this country.
With the first vaccine there have been things said about allergies. If you have any severe allergies, you should talk to your GP before getting the jab.

Doubt if anything to do with the vaccine but my Son in Laws relation passed away three days ago after having the Covid vaccine and as a precaution a postmortem is being carried out. At 97 years of age I’m pretty sure this wouldn’t normally have been the case but it goes to show how cautious the Government are being.

My husband had his a week ago (I've got to wait for mine as I'm younger!). It was all very efficient and all precautions were observed etc, It did not hurt on the first day but only on the second, and he felt very tired two days afterwards for a while but that's no change as he's disabled and gets tired anyway. I hope I can have one soon.
rosie.

My 93 year old Dad (living in Solihull) had a call yesterday to go for his first jab on Tuesday and his second jab date is April 6th - exactly 12 weeks after the first. Not sure what would have happened if I was not available to take him. He hasn't been going out apart from church (very tightly organised) and to us (his support bubble) on Christmas Day for lunch.
Will report back how he gets on.

Last edited:
I had mine on Tuesday, second sometime between 12 and 20 weeks, "We'll call you."

For here in the Forest of Dean they've set up a central system in a disused GP clinic and all the 11 Forest's GP practices are participating.

Very well organised and controlled.

Didn't feel a thing and no side effects at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back