• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stan Crowther

sheldontony

master brummie
I read earlier this week that Stan Crowther has passed away. He was a member of the Aston Villa team that last won the FA cup in 1957. The next season, he was signed by Manchester United and played for them in the FA cup even though he had a played in the competition for Villa. This was due to the Munich Disaster and I believe was the only time this has been allowed to happen. He was signed an hour before their tie which they won and went on to play in the Final.

A great loss

A majestic Footballer but he was one of several that United were allowed to sign after Munich. He was a great footballer & it was surprise that Villa let him go. Even as a Bluenose I appreciated him.

Sheldontony

Stan did not hit the heights that his talent deserved, another member of the Aston Villa 57 cup winning team passes away. R.I.P. Stan.

Although they signed other players Stan was the only one that had played for a team in the FA cup. He lost in third round for Villa against Stoke but played for Manchester United in Cup Final, losing to Bolton 2 -0.

Back