• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stamp Albums.

No. I am living now in Nova Scotia. Moved out of Nfld in 2004. May I ask who is asking.
Of course...I'm Dave Astley, I live in Mississauga, ON. NFLD, is my favorite place in Canada. Before Covid, I went there 5 summers in a row (drove the last time). I was also a stamp collector back in Brum, lost my collection when we moved south.
Dave A

Of course...I'm Dave Astley, I live in Mississauga, ON. NFLD, is my favorite place in Canada. Before Covid, I went there 5 summers in a row (drove the last time). I was also a stamp collector back in Brum, lost my collection when we moved south.
Dave A
Who did you buy your stamps from back in Brum.

Who did you buy your stamps from back in Brum.
I really don't remember buying stamps at all, just swapping. I did look with envy at stamps that were on display in shops and probably the one in Needless Alley. There was a shop in Newtown Row that had quite a few for sale and I do recall them having assortments in see through envelopes.
Dave A.

My attempt to collect stamps was similar to Lloyds (post #2), ie “half hearted”. The only reason I started was because my uncle who was in the Coldstream Guards sent me stamps from places he was posted. This would have been in the 1950s. I remember I had quite a few from Aden, Australia and Spain (no idea if the Coldstream Guards were posted to Spain?). But although the collecting bug didn’t stick with me I remember the joy of getting a new stamp. The places they came from meant nothing to me, so it gave me a glimpse of more exotic and remote places. I had a nice bound album with the tissue paper protection (probably a gift from my uncle) and kept it for years. No idea where it ended up.

Viv.

Back