• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Wilfreds R C School

castalla

master brummie
Anybody out there attend St Wilfreds RC Shawsdale rd, 1962 to 1968, Only remember the head Mr Doncasley, pupils Mark Ward, Jimmy Byrnes, Anne Smart (lived in Erminghton cresent) Karen Casay, Margaret Howard sure there are at least 30 odd in my class but forgot names as most went to st wilfred martinuie and me and Karen went to Hodge Hill comp, O and Father Whelan, remember when Mass was in the school hall before the church was being built, before i was a alter boy, if you or others are out there HI Martin O´Flynn here

castalla

master brummie
I know i have posted this before but a year ago and with new members thought i would re post in case anybody out there or who knows some of these lads and lasses

boilerman

Brummie babby
Yes, me, my dad was the caretaker, for about 15yrs I think, while old donkers was there. Me and my dad used to set up the school hall for Mass while the church was being built. I think confessions was in the headmasters office. I did a short stint as altar boy when the church was built, but fell by the wayside after that. Just looked at google street view, it looks like Beruit

castalla

master brummie
I remember Mt Donkesley big tall man, also remember Mass in School Hall, before church was built, was a Altar Boy myself when Fr Whelan was the priest. There was a assistance lady called Mrs Taylor i think small lady lived by the New Shops