• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peter's Harborne Lookups

mikeflan

master brummie
I am trying to hopefully find who would hold the records for Harborne in 1815, it was then Staffordshire..... I have a ggg grandfather Samuel Coxson married there 28th Dec 1815 to I think...Mary Onley....the LDS says Mary Coxson which I doubt very much somehow !!! but wondered who holds this parish or church record to verify the marriage and names.....many thanks for any help given.....

Hi Mike
The Birmingham Archives and Heritage Service do have copies of the Church of England parish registers and you can contact them for information by e-mail on [email protected] or go to the website at https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/

https://www.stpeterharborne.co.uk/
this is the weblink to the St Peters Church in Harborne who have a 'contact us' section and they may be able to help you further with a look uip if they have the parish registers of that date available locally.

The www.genuki.org.uk website for Harbore Staffordshire gives information about the area and would also have some members willing to do a look up in certain records and you could try this also.

Thanks Louisa,

I suspect that these folk were not married in St Peters......it seems that most of their living area was Livery Street....there was a church I think that may have been in Edgbaston that was said to be called....the Chapelry of Harborne...though which church it is or was....is the unknown factor to me as yet, thanks for the links........I think there is a problem with the latter one but I'll look into that further.........thanks again for your input......Mike

I am a new user to the forum and have family history in the area. Has any one access to chuch records for St Peters Church Haborne from 1550 - 1800 please. Any records on the surname Derrick would be most appreciated. Thank You

Dear Wendy, Thank you for your help, I have already purchased the fiches from BMSGH but they were all MI's and didn't really help me much.
I think the the library will probably be the best. i live and work in Sheffield so I will have to see what the opening times are and maybe come down on a Saturday if they are open.
Thanks again.
Regards
Ann

Have you tried Hugh Wallis' site, just type Hugh Wallis in Google and follow the instructions - I believe Harborne was in either Worcestershire or Staffordshire in the era you want.

Can anyone help? I am interested in getting a full transcript of the blessing/ christening of John Mear on the 12th Oct 1723.

Try Stafford Records Office as up to 1834 (Poor Law reform ) Harborne was part of Staffs.Very helpful staff there, might be worth phoning first. Good Luck with your search.Sheila

I have located three christening records around 1800 that are listed in the IGI. Unfortunately, although they are extracted records, the entries simply say "Harborne, Stafford". The reel number is C085732.

Does anyone know how to find out which church this refers to? Is St Peter's the 'default' Harborne church? I'm not sure when St John's operated - were there/are there any others?

And I've just remembererd that there are some great big books of early transcribed entries for St Peter's in the library I think - may even be able to avoid the sea-sickness generating microfilm!

Yes.... :)
Found the entries! They are Gem's - to add to the tree that I am putting together as part of the "Birth of Lawn Tennis" thread.

Hi all (especially Shera, who has helped me so often in the past :) )
Have a bit of a sticky one this time, methinks!
I already have several threads concerning the Macquaker family - am trying to find who Alice is the daughter of...
I came across a marriage (index card only) for Edmundus Macquaker to 'Rosam annam Binnion' - ie Rose Ann Binnion, 15 April 1910.
He is apparently the brother of David, who Alice named as father on her marriage cert.
I have now also found a BAPTISM same date, same person, same parent!!
The marriage is confirmed on BMD -but as dear Edmundus would only have been 11/12 years old when he married, is the Baptism birth date correct!!
Deeeeer, really going round in circles with this family!!

Back