• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peters and Paul's, Aston and St Barnabas, Erdington

FamilyUnite

proper brummie kid
Hi all, hope you are all keeping well and safe.

I have been spending my time the last few weeks trying to summarise and fill in gaps within my family tree. I have a few brick walls and some queries. My first query I am looking at is these two churches.

St Peters and Pauls in Aston has a family plot, I believe it is for the Hawkes family. However I can't find any information to find it, my dad tried contacting the church some years ago but didn't receive a reply. I would like to know where the family plot is and if it is even still there. (The last person I know to have been buried there was Dorothy Norcott in 1939, her mother was Alice Leah Hawkes, who is also buried there).

The other, St Barnabas I just found tonight that my 2nd Great Grandmother, Emily Norcott, was buried there, however on her burial record it says "Reopened r S by Vicarage Sale" I assume that this means she was moved. I know the church lost its map of the burial plots in the fire, but is there a way to find out if they have a record where she was moved to? Or even if she is still at the church. A number of other Norcott family members are buried there too in a family plot, but again I don't know where.

Thanks in advance.

Back