• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Peters and Paul's, Aston and St Barnabas, Erdington

FamilyUnite

proper brummie kid
Hi all, hope you are all keeping well and safe.

I have been spending my time the last few weeks trying to summarise and fill in gaps within my family tree. I have a few brick walls and some queries. My first query I am looking at is these two churches.

St Peters and Pauls in Aston has a family plot, I believe it is for the Hawkes family. However I can't find any information to find it, my dad tried contacting the church some years ago but didn't receive a reply. I would like to know where the family plot is and if it is even still there. (The last person I know to have been buried there was Dorothy Norcott in 1939, her mother was Alice Leah Hawkes, who is also buried there).

The other, St Barnabas I just found tonight that my 2nd Great Grandmother, Emily Norcott, was buried there, however on her burial record it says "Reopened r S by Vicarage Sale" I assume that this means she was moved. I know the church lost its map of the burial plots in the fire, but is there a way to find out if they have a record where she was moved to? Or even if she is still at the church. A number of other Norcott family members are buried there too in a family plot, but again I don't know where.

Thanks in advance.

Back