• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peter and St Paul's church, Aston Manor and out-of-parish marriages

Cerridwen

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been researching local history of Birmingham and my family history there for about 15 years. I'm not sure which thread this post goes in....it's a query about St Peter and St Paul's Church, genealogy and Aston Manor. My ancestors were married there in 1868, both were listed as living in Aston Manor yet I know for certain they were both from Wednesbury and as far as I can tell never had an address in Aston other than on the marriage certificate. A librarian at the Sandwell Archives mentioned in passing that there was a connection between Wednesbury and Aston Manor and there were quite a few Wednesbury marriages that took place in Aston Manor. Do any of you know what the link was ? Would really like to understand the history behind that. Thank you! Cerridwen:)

Back