• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Michaels RC School Floodgate Street

Yes i attended 1958 to 1962 Tommy Hames last class 4a Dobbins
I was there at the same time and the last thing Mr Dobbins said as we walked out the door for the last time Easter 1962 was “Keep the faith” good teacher and a good man.

tommy i remember you as captain of st anns football team, playing at highbury playing fields against english martyrs,before st micks, john mullen rip was our captain,,,,he was a brilliant player,,,way past the rest of our team, ,in fact you could of called us a one man team, i will never know why john wasnt spotted,,,where we often played in perry barr,, i once saw joe mercer watching aston boys, i was to young to tell him,who he should of been watching,,,,great to hear from you,,,you mention somewhere about my woodwork ability ,,i mastered two trades bricklaying and carpentry,,,best regards john griffin,
Great to hear from you John yes remember Highbury park Moorgreen playing fields and Belchers lane. Met
Up with Mick Floody and Des Kelly in June this year. Sad John Mullen passed away. Speak soon Tom Hames.
yes tommy i well remember you from st micks and st patricks house you were captain of most things, ...its incredible how long ago it all was,58yrs,,,my son used to live in no 1 bordesley st, so i often passed the old school.it brought back the memories, great memories, best wishes,,,john griffin,

Did someone, one time box Mr Parker on the chest, it was in 1971, just wondering, worst type. Why would be next question, so much mention of him. What else do i remember, yes making miss whitehouse cry in class a bad sad day, she was a wonderfull person.

Back