• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

CD’s: St Martins and St Phillips Parish Records

Carolann

Journeyman Brummie
I would like to buy St Martins and st Phillips Parish C D`s of B M D
Can anyone tell me where i can buy them from.
Thankyou
Carol

if you google bmsgh it was there i bought my st. martins cd. i have also bought from them a cd called birmingham miscellany which has a few records from st. phillips but it is only marriages 1715-1800 and not a lot of info on those early records so i hardly ever use that one. there are a few other churches on there too but they are all very early records so usually just one line, anyway you can decide. all the best :)

Ooooh - I see that has St Bartholomew Edgbaston ......

Would you be able to do me yet another favour and see if there is any extra detail for the marriage of William RUDGE and Sarah LUCKCOCK, 16 September 1832?
Also, it looks like Sarah's baptism may just have sneaked in there, 4 January 1813 ... again any extra info would be muchly appreciated!

as i said phoebe there isnt much on these early records but i have found the marriage of william rudge to sarah "lucock" (this is the spelling on list) and the date you have is correct. only extra info is the witnesses who were agnes vale and john clemmens.

i happened to notice this one in 1827 which relates to one of the witnesses - marr. of thomas landford and eliza vale luckock (lucock) witnessed by william hanson and mary ann field.

nothing for the baptism im afraid as the st. bartholemews was marriages 1813-1837 and burials 1813-1868 so no baptisms.

Thanks Shera - those witness names don't mean anything at present, but I shall squirrel them away in my notes, and they may end up helping piece something together later on.

That was the only marriage in IGI that seemed to fit at the time, I was a bit dubious but luckily their last child was born after 1837 and the cert confirmed Sarah's maiden name as Luckcock, so fairly sure we're on the right track here. Thanks again.

Oops, sorry, baptism was at Harborne, my bad. And a quick look on IGI shows a sister Eliza! jolly good.

Back