• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St. Lukes Rd

Davenport

master brummie
When i was a lad in the 60s my Grandad showed me a collection of post cards that he kept in a shoe box,whilst i wasn't very interested in them he gave me one of Castle Bromwich Church as we lived just a few roads away.The collection has now been lost in time but i still have my card. It is addressed to Miss A Smith,94 St Lukes Road Edgbaston.dated sept'1905.I do not know if she was related but would be interested if anyone knows anything about this family or the address.
out of interest the message is; 'am staying not far from here untill wednesday,it is a beautifull place you can ride somewhere different every day too,hope you are well and ready for your holiday,kind regards ???' (three illegible initials.)
Thanks.

Davenport

Alfred Smith is listed as living there 1897-1903. No-one is listed at the address in 1904 , and in 1896 it was a Frederick Kay.According to the 1901 census;
Alfred Smith 43 head fish & poultry dealer .employer. born Worcester/
Annie E.Smith 45 wife bron enfield Middlesex
Annie Smith, daughter 17 bookkeepers assistant, born Birm.
Ambrose H.Smith 15 milling machiner born Birm
Mike

Back