• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Johns Church Perry Barr

ahh what a cuttie viv....cant make out the poster either but i bet it is proclaiming your christening lol

Blimey Lyn you could be right! Or it might be 'not a public byway, no parking in this churchyard.' Seems my uncles car was exempt!

Had a look on Streetview and, as Oldmohawk says in post # 25 re his aunt's wedding photos, the pillars are still there. The entrance to the church looks the same too. It's good to see it so well maintained, including the churchyard. Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1416561907.516734.jpg

l was a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding in June 1956..at st Johns....it is a lovely church all tucked away in the middle of nowhere, or so it seemed...also my two nephews were christened there,l do have some lovely photos but as yet have never found out how to post them...l remember it being a hot day the sun was shining it was . beautiful day for s wedding....Brenda

Would love to see the photos Brenda. Are you able to send them in an email to me and I'll post them on the thread for you. Just message me if you want me to do it and I'll send you my email address. Viv.

A view of the church that you don't often see. This is dated c1904, and the church still has its spires.

Not sure about this, but the wall in front of the church must be where St John's Walk is today. If so Church Road/.Lane must be to the left.Viv

image.jpeg

Back