• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St James C of E Aston

D

Dorothy Dodson

I have already mentioned this church in the thread about St Barnabas - i wonder if anybody can tell me if St James Church is still standing i think it was Albert Road (or Frederick Rd) Aston - My reason for needing to know this is to see if there is any chance that i could get a copy of my baptism certificate - which i need - because i was never confirmed and i now need to show proof that i was baptised - which would have been about March 1937.

I went to church this morning, the first time for a very long time, and decided today that i want to be confirmed - and i was surprised at how many of the older people like myself are not confirmed but who now want to put that right. I picked up a confirmation application form and straight away saw my first stumbling block - I know that I was christened (or baptised) but i dont think i ever saw a certificate.

Or can anybody tell me if there is a central archive where I could obtain a copy. I have browsed through Birmingham churches but am unable to find (my) St James Church - where i was also married.

Love Dotxx

dorothy
there is a lot of information on st james church,if you click on the search button and type in st james .you should be able to find the thread to it.
good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
St James

Sorry Bill - can you run that past me again - slowly - not sure which search button you mean ??? - clicked on the forum churches search button but only came up with my post and a few others which did not really meet my requirements - Also search on my home page - a big fat Zero.

Dot

St James

Thanks Bill for that link - but i dont understand why i couldn't find this thread in the churches list - or is it just that i need stronger glasses (specs)

I even got a phone number for the vicarage - so it'll be on the blower for me tomorrow to see if they can do the almost impossible - like finding my baptism records in their archives ????????????

Cheers - Dot:p

City of Birmingham Archives

Thanks Bill I phoned BC Archives this morning and they found my baptism records - and will send it to me - 21st March 1937 - i need it for Monday 15th October, but with the postal industrial action we dont know if it will be possible - but very helpful lady says she will do her best for me - but so long as know it is on it's way that will be enough for our vicar.

Take Care

Dotx

Back