• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Clements Church Nechells

c.kember

knowlegable brummie
Hi, does anyone know of the existance of a picture of St Clements Church, Nechells? My Great Great grandparents maried there in 1873.

They were living at 13 High Park Street, Nechells but I think those properties have been demolished?

If anyone knows of any pictures i'd love to see them

Kind Regards

Chris

The Local Studies and History at Birmingham Central Library have a large number of photographic collections and they may hold a picture of St Cements Church this is the link:
https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Sa...092751766&pagename=BCC/Common/Wrapper/Wrapper

The e-mail address for enquiries is [email protected]

If you use the search facility on this forum you may also be able to find further information about the places you are enquiring about, for example this forum link is for Wimbushes on Nechells green.

https://www.birminghamforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3286.0.html

louisa

Hello
can any one help me find a picture of St Clements Church Nechelles, cant seem to find one.
I know yhe church was demolished in the 1940s and my grandparents were married there in the 1920s.
Ta Adele:)

I think this picture has been on before, but not sure where, or it might be another forum
Mike

St2BClements_opt.jpg

Great thanks for that, I tried to see if I could see if St Clements had been mentioned before but couldnt see anything.
Adele

st clements was at the top of our road, mom and dad were married there and i was christened there

thanks phil i have been given a private one probably taken in the 60s will try and scan and post it tomorrow

lyn

Hi, does anyone know of the existance of a picture of St Clements Church, Nechells? My Great Great grandparents maried there in 1873.

They were living at 13 High Park Street, Nechells but I think those properties have been demolished?

If anyone knows of any pictures i'd love to see them

Kind Regards

Chris

The church was pulled down. All that's left is the church hall where Sunday School was held. High Park Street has been replaced with a huge Chinese Supermarket which also replaces pubs, a coal yard, a school, a factory, a bank, a chemist, many shops and even more houses.

st clements was at the top of our road, mom and dad were married there and i was christened there

My sister, Linda, was christened there, too, in 1950. The church was where I played the part of the Angel Gabriel in my school nativity, twice. My school was St Clement's in High Park Street. I was also in the church choir as well as the school choir.

Hello
can any one help me find a picture of St Clements Church Nechelles, cant seem to find one.
I know yhe church was demolished in the 1940s and my grandparents were married there in the 1920s.
Ta Adele:)

The church was demolished much later. Probably the eighties although I'm not sure.

I'm hoping to find some information about this church where my late Mum worshipped as a young woman. I've seen photographs of it and know it was demolished in the 1970's but do any of you know which St. Clement it was named after and remember what it was like inside.Also,when she was in her seventies, Mum mentioned she'd been a "Clementine"-a member of their amateur dramatic group. Does this ring a bell with anyone? Apologies for the churchy pun! After Mum met my Dad she became a Roman Catholic and they were married at St. Joseph's Church, Thimblemill Lane. I think it saddened her to leave behind the social activities she was part of at St. Clement's and in those days, she had to cut ties with it completely.

Welcome Sheila. I’m moving your post to an existing thread about the Church. I think you’ll find it interesting. Viv.

Edit posts now moved to this thread.

Back