• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Chads Schools

I went to St Chads Infants, Juniors and seniors between 52 and 64. I remember Sr Etna Sr Veronica, Mr Conklin Mr Begley, Miss Brennan, Mr Byrne, Mr Walton, Mrs ?? the office lady. In the Juniors at Shadwell St I remember Mr Wells the headmaster, Mr Heneberry, I lived in New John St West and remember going to Alma St School for metalwork and woodwork. would love to see any photographs.
Sr. Ethna Fitzgerald was her full name.

Hi John
I knew Jimmy your brother quite well in them days, I also knew Phil Khannon (Cannon) I believe he was Jimmys half brother; I played with Phil for Small Heath Unity in the South Birmingham Combination from 1964 - 1968, both good lads.
Cheers
John Gibbons
Hi John just noticed this reply yes that's right Jimmy lives in Lichfield sadly Phil passed away Jan 2022. I have a couple of photographs. See if you can spot yourself.

Attachments

• Small Heath Unity 1966-67.jpg
    Small Heath Unity 1966-67.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 14
Lots of memories about St. Chads School. I remember going from the infants to the junior section of the girls school which was upstairs.
I was 7 and then when I reached 10 the schools became co- educational and went to Shadwell Street school. Then back to the senior school when I was 11. Brearly Street. I left in July 1959. My granny lived in New John Street West and next door to her lived the Ross family.

Back