• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Augustine's RC School

Sakura

master brummie
This was our Grade 4 photo at St Augustine's RC School in 1954..

Our teacher was Sister Angela.

I thought the Handsworth folk might like to see it and even see someone they know or knew as children.  :)

Last edited:
But which one is you, Mo? S'pose, where you lived, you only had to fall outa bed to get there on time. :) Was old Monsignor Montgomery (cousin of the field marshal) parish priest at that time? He married Gail and me at the church in 1969.

The kids looked a lot different when my granddaughter went there in more recent years. :coolsmiley:

I won't ask you to guess which is me as I am 7th from the left on the middle row. We all looked a scruffy lot in those days didn't we, maybe it is because it is a black and white picture?

You are right Paul I could fall out of bed and almost be in school but I was nearly always running at the last minute and ask John I have not changed. I improve as I get older as I can't run so fast but I always try and do too many things before I go out, like checking my email. :2funny:

Well I hope some of the folks on the photo recognize themselves if they are on the forum. :)

Are you still up and running? Can't get the class photo having looked around.
I was with Sr. Angela although probably not yr. year.
Would love to see the photo though.
Can you contact me,

[email protected]

Was at St Augustines c1961 - 67. Sister Angela was still there then and Mr Walsh the head teacher. Other teachers I remember - Mrs Doyle, Mr Chamberlain, Miss O'Driscol.

Sorry I don't think I replies to this post and I think all the photos vanished on the BHF due to a problem last year. I am hoping I can find it and attach it here. Mo

Sorry didn't work.

Last edited:
Back