• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Andrews Church Bordesley Green

C

carlb1964

Has anyone got any photos of this Church? My parents got married there in 1959 but sadly it was demolished a while ago, I can vaguely remember it. Thanks in advance.

If you type St Andrews Church into the link marked "search" you will find pictures there.;)

Sakura,they can't knock your St.Andrew's down as it is a Grade 1 listed building.Designed by W.H.Bidlake.1907.

That's right Bob. If they did it's likely to be on the very rare occasion that I'm in there. :rolleyes:

has anyone got a picture of the above before it was demolished?
Difficult to get one of it afterwards 'spose!

ta
besty

Heres one BEFORE they knocked it down

Attachments

• Bordesley St Andrews.jpg
    Bordesley St Andrews.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
And here's one after.

(Sorry - couldn't resist!)

Attachments

• St Andrews.JPG
    St Andrews.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 42
Here's one that I have filed as St Andrews Bordsley (SmallH), however I think it's the same church as Posties.... but with it's steeple being fixed or demolished...

I'm sure someone can tell us!

Pom

Attachments

• Small Heath St Andrews Church (2).jpg
    Small Heath St Andrews Church (2).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 39
According to my Parish Reg and Churches of the Birmingham area, there was one St Andrews Church, my gran was christened there and when I went to look at it in the 80's it was still standing but used as a warehouse.:(The whole area very run down, and St Andrews St where gran lived was under the turf of the Blues ground.

Another one for me. My gt grandparents married here in 1921 and there are many other links for my family there. I didnt even have a clue when I moved to Small Heath with my folks in 1990.

Hello...may I ask a favour if anyone is going to the library..can you kindly do the following lookup please ?

ST ANDREWS Church, Small Heath.

05/09/1886

JAMES WILLIS & ELIZABETH KILLER ( as found on IGI)

All info would be appreciated.

Regards,
Margaret

hi would some kind soul do a look up for me at st andrews church bordesley please:);)charles howell and sarah ann walker 25th november 1878 i need to know how old they both were and who their witnesses were thanks walshy

Sorry to say St. Andrews was demolished. My parents married there in 1949. Maybe someone will have access to registeres?

The Charles who married Sarah Ann Walker in 1878 St Andrews was Howells not Howell.
His marriage is on the IGI with father named as John
It is also on BMD as Howells.

1881 Bishop Street south
Charles Howells age 25 b. Monmouth
Sarah A Howells age 23
William G age 1
Annie A age 8 months

1891 they are in Lower hurst street with surname Howells
Charles and Sarah Ann,
William and Annie are joined by Charles Edward 8,Frederick 7,Lillie 5

1871 shows in Harpers yard Monmouth

John Howells age 41 ,labourer