• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Springhill Ice rink Summerhill Road

The Baron

master brummie
Can you remember any names of those you watched? & was it Saturdays or Wenesdays you went
as we used to have inter club races on Wed; & inter Rink maches on Sat;
Do you now any one or as any one on this site got any Pics of the old springhill rink. I remember they used to sell post cards at the rink of the building. I had one once but when I got married and moved to Sutton it got lost along will all my Autograph books :'(.
Help please :-[ ASTON
Can you remember any names of those you watched? & was it Saturdays or Wenesdays you went
as we used to have inter club races on Wed; & inter Rink maches on Sat;
Do you now any one or as any one on this site got any Pics of the old springhill rink. I remember they used to sell post cards at the rink of the building. I had one once but when I got married and moved to Sutton it got lost along will all my Autograph books :'(.
Help please :-[ ASTON
Hi is your uncle Alan still alive .I went on holiday to Switzerland in the 50s with Vincent and played ice hockey with him in the Birmingham Barons.

The Baron

master brummie
Sadly dad died 1987 only 57 had massive heart attack and mom died 2012 after suffering dementia
High Triciawilliams my name is Keith Jenney I played Hockey with your Dad at Birmingham rink & Solihull with the Barons. One of his mates was a guy named Art Hambridge.
If you have any photos in your dads collection please post.
ps I am the guy second left front row in this club .photo

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1609710594318.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609710594318.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 7