• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Springfield Street

Beanie
I have moved your post to this thread which concerns Springfield St and has some photographs

Hello everyone, I registered today as I would dearly love to see some pictures from Ladywood back to backs. I was born in 4 back of 40 Springfield Street, Ladywood in 1960 but unfortunately due to both my parents dying at young ages, I don't have any photographs or information. I would love to find out more about my history.
Hi Beanie i have many pics' of our back to backs St Marks St, but dont think they would be of much interest to you being from Springfield St. Let me know if indeed you would be interested, these pics' dated early 1960s.

Hello everyone, I registered today as I would dearly love to see some pictures from Ladywood back to backs. I was born in 4 back of 40 Springfield Street, Ladywood in 1960 but unfortunately due to both my parents dying at young ages, I don't have any photographs or information. I would love to find out more about my history.
Beanie I've just noticed your post , I lived at 1/63 Springfield St , we moved in 1955

Hi Beanie i have many pics' of our back to backs St Marks St, but dont think they would be of much interest to you being from Springfield St. Let me know if indeed you would be interested, these pics' dated early 1960s.
Hello prezra, I am sure there are many interested in seeing early 1960s photos of back to backs in St Marks st, Ladywood, Rob

yes i agree rob...we would love to see any photos you have prezra of st marks street

thank you

lyn

hello all
I have just recently joined for the purpose of gathering a pictorial history for my granddaughter, so she knows her grandads journey, I lived at No 54 Springfield street 1956 to mid 60s. We came from Ireland in 55 moved in around late 56 My parents Nora and Cliff Wood,
I remember the Wards lived at the back of us and the Reeves and the otherside of the entry was the Rabbits, There was an old lady we called Shiner next door to us and the Fitzgibbon's, across the road was Liddy Mac who was one of the meny Mums that kept an eye on us kids.
I attended St Patricks primary on the Dudley Road. So if any one has any more photos or information of the Street/area I would appreciate a copy.

hi stio and welcome to the forum...if you look at phils avatar it will say gone but not forgotten this indicates that a member has sadly passed away

lyn

Judging by the vehicles, street signs and M & B lettering I would guess they ate all 1950s or early 1960s

Judging by the vehicles, street signs and M & B lettering I would guess they ate all 1950s or early 1960s
Thanks for that mikejee, if that's the case the two people on the left are probably family members.
That's a great result.
Stio

hi stio and welcome to the forum...if you look at phils avatar it will say gone but not forgotten this indicates that a member has sadly passed away

lyn
Thank you for that I was only focused on the photos, no disrespect intended to Phil,
May he have the bed of heaven RIP

Hi I used to live in 3 Springfield street from 1955 to1960 there was family called Morgan's Rogers Harris and Waldron's in rangers family there was Raymond Peter Janet Tommy John Morgan's was frank Cathy Maria in Waldron's Terry Jane Leslie mom Zena and Les Morgan can any one

Hi I used to live in 3 Springfield street from 1955 to1960 there was family called Morgan's Rogers Harris and Waldron's in rangers family there was Raymond Peter Janet Tommy John Morgan's was frank Cathy Maria in Waldron's Terry Jane Leslie mom Zena and Les Morgan can any one
Hello, I was born Lesley Waldron at 4/40 Springfield St, my dad Leslie died Jan 1970 my mom Zena died 1983 and I don't have any pictures of my parents or us kids, if you have any of Springfield Street I'd love to see them

Hello, I was born Lesley Waldron at 4/40 Springfield St, my dad Leslie died Jan 1970 my mom Zena died 1983 and I don't have any pictures of my parents or us kids, if you have any of Springfield Street I'd love to see them
Welcme to the forum. If you start at post #1 on this thread then you will come across some photos of the street.

1950s map showing 4 back of 40 Springfield Streer

Attachments

• 4bk40-springfield-st.jpg
    4bk40-springfield-st.jpg
    654.9 KB · Views: 16
This picture (posted earlier in the thread) actually shows No. 40.

Attachments

• springfield-st-#40.jpg
    springfield-st-#40.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 18
hello all
I have just recently joined for the purpose of gathering a pictorial history for my granddaughter, so she knows her grandads journey, I lived at No 54 Springfield street 1956 to mid 60s. We came from Ireland in 55 moved in around late 56 My parents Nora and Cliff Wood,
I remember the Wards lived at the back of us and the Reeves and the otherside of the entry was the Rabbits, There was an old lady we called Shiner next door to us and the Fitzgibbon's, across the road was Liddy Mac who was one of the meny Mums that kept an eye on us kids.
I attended St Patricks primary on the Dudley Road. So if any one has any more photos or information of the Street/area I would appreciate a copy.

Last edited:
My nan Gertrude (Gertie) Fenton nee Mobley/Lines, lived at 2 bk 48 Springfield Street. Ladywood. In 1955 my late mum Doris Fenton also lived there with her and her 'step-father' James Brayne. I am assuming my Aunt Edie Brayne & Uncle Jim Brayne were also there but not showing on the electoral register as they were not old enough to vote. There were two other sisters of my mum Joyce & Connie & brother John Fenton.

In 1962, My Aunt Joyce was married to Albert Andrews and living at 1 back 47 Springfield Street. My nan Gert was still at 2 back 48, my mother Doris and her first husband Harry were also living there. Does anyone remember any of these names?

Back