• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Spring Hill roller rink

hi folks some of you rollar rinkers will know that the DJ les ross started his first full time job at the rollar rink so i have been in touch with him to invite him to join the forum and post on this thread his memories/photos of his days at the rink...les is still a DJ after all these years and now has a 10am to midday slot every sunday on a new radio show called boom radio and he plays some good old music...he said to give him a week or 2 and he will join us on here :) ...i didnt ask him but hes told me he will give me a mention on sundays show which is lovely of him but like i said to him please make sure you say i come from villa st lol..here is the link to boom radio should any of you fancy tuning in on sunday

lyn

Last edited:
Hi, Astoness.
its been a few years since making contact with the forum. I picked up on this roller rink link. I went a few times to the rink only tried the skates once broke two fingers on my left hand and struggled home on my motor bike back to Stirchley. My Brother in Law Ron Sargent lived for the rink. it would be great to know that he is remembered as he passed Christmas 2019. some may remember him as the Tanner kid who sold his kisses for a Tanner to sub his night out. His sister Linda Sargent and brother Steve Sargent are still kicking around, mind you the wife is still kicking me around.

crikey it has been a long time tiny..how is claire doing? sorry to hear about your brother in law maybe some of our members may remember him...hopefully when times are safer we hope to hold another forum meet up it would be great to see you and claire again we need to get some brummies under one roof again :) ...take care

lyn

hi folks still hoping to hear from some old rollar rink mates..well those i can remember...so here goes...george burton used to live in twickenham road kingstanding..the 3 brothers richard..steve and robert close from south road hockley..carol miller who lived next door to me in villa st at 116..john foxall who i think lived at the bottom of spon lane west brom..billy dewar from kirby road winson green..i have already made contact with mary moore on this forum a few years back and we are still in touch...if i think of anyone else i will edit this post...happy days

lyn

Back