• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Spitfire project

coalman

master brummie
Hello everyone

I thought I would put this on a separate thread for ease.

I live in the Birmingham area and have been slowly rebuilding a spitfire using both original and newly manufactured parts, sadly it will not fly but I am hoping that one day it will go on display for all to see and sit in.

I am always seeking contact with anybody who has any connection with this iconic aircraft, whether it be flying them, working on them on the flight line, repairing them or if you were involved in the manufacture of parts for them in the various factories.

Many years ago I was talking to a lady who had heard about my project via my mother, who told me that she had worked on the skinning of the fuselages, a few weeks later she very kindly handed me her hole puncher and rivet gun she had used, sadly she is no longer with us but I still use those tools.

Please contact me if you can assist in anyway with my project.

Regards

John

I live in Pembroke and there is a very active Spitfire Society who have a Spitfire they are slowly restoring. To help with funding they run a Spitfire charity shop in the town. If you would like I could obtain their email address for you and there might be some common thread evolve.

Hello Anvil

Many thanks for your reply, I am aware of the Pembroke project and have tried many times over the years to contact them via their email address on their website also via mutual persons however nothing has ever come about from either of these methods.
Again many thanks for your interest.

Regards

John

Back