• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Spitfire at Moira today

sistersue61

master brummie
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

Owen and I went to the Ashby Canal Boat show today, at Moira Furnace. It was a lovely day and this Spitfire flew over at lunchtime, did about 3 fly past and was quite low, wonderful sight. These are the pics Owen got on his phone camera.
Sue

Great photo Sue. Reminds me of the one that flew over the river on forties weekend two years ago. I came right above us.

Looks amazing Sue the weather was good as well. I hope a good time was had by all.

It was a lovely day, the day was based at the Moira Furnce, a 19th century blast furnace with it's own museum and canalside walks. Despite the fact it is only 15 miles away I hadn't been before and will definitely be going again taking mom and dad with me!
The Spitfire was brilliant though, so low nd the sound of it was lovely.
Sue

Lovely Sue. My 2xgreat grandfather was a boatman from Ashby, and later Castle Donington. We went there a few years ago, but couldn't find Ashby canal so will be going again now and paying a visit to Moira Furnace.
Thanks for letting us know.

Back