• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Special Street

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Came across something that was new to me today, the ad below, repeated many times in different issues of Sainsbury's Register. If it was a misprint then it occurred a large number of times, and also in some other publications.

sainsburys weekly register. 19.5.1860.jpg

Not heard of Spiceal Street referred to as Special Street before. Can’t be a typo if in several publications. What date was this Mike ? Viv.

1860 . (All my attachments should have date and source if you hover over the image)

Sorry Mike, I’m on iPad. But had a look around and it puts your label at the bottom of the page - no hovering possible! Viv.

On my laptop the hovering works. On my phone I have to click on the image and then the label is at the bottom of the screen.

Back