• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Space station

mw0njm.

Brummie Dude
Just had a beautiful view of the Space station going over Chelmsley travelling south in a really clear sky.
I haven't any idea how far away it is but to realise that there are people in there is amazing.
and they are nice people too. i have spoken to them on the radio.when it come over... but i am glad it was not the other way around. i would not like to be up there.
ISS Tracker 3D - International Space Station - REAL TIME ...
408 km away

Last edited:

Smudger

master brummie
and they are nice people too. i have spoken to them on the radio.when it come over... but i am glad it was not the other way around. i would not like to be up there.
ISS Tracker 3D - International Space Station - REAL TIME ...
408 km away
What did you say Pete, "Hi guys, hope you`re all keeping well...By the way, if you see an old geezer with a long grey beard riding on a sleigh, ask him if he`s got Pete`s present, the one he asked for last year" BTW Pete, are you using Grammarly?

mw0njm.

Brummie Dude
What did you say Pete, "Hi guys, hope you`re all keeping well...By the way, if you see an old geezer with a long grey beard riding on a sleigh, ask him if he`s got Pete`s present, the one he asked for last year" BTW Pete, are you using Grammarly?
yes thanks. smudge it has made a great difference.

Pedrocut

Master Barmmie
There is an App called ISS Live Now available for iPhone/IPad that I believe is free. You can see the live tracking and listen to NASA TV.

Robert Ensor (bob)

master brummie
Just had a beautiful view of the Space station going over Chelmsley travelling south in a really clear sky.
I haven't any idea how far away it is but to realise that there are people in there is amazing.
A little over 200 miles at 17,500 MPH as crazy as that sounds, I watched the space shuttle go up, turns night into day, also saw it go up from the west coast of FL all the way over at the east coast.

Robert Ensor (bob)

master brummie
Wow Bob, I'm jealous! I saw one of the prototype Buran space shuttles when I was in Moscow in 2000 .... it was being used as a cafe!!
Do not wish too stray too far here but a night launch is the way to go, you can feel the power the ground shakes just like a earthquake buildings shake windows rattle.

I was not there to watch a launch I was there working and happened to be lucky

Makes you wonder what man is capable of and I reference that to atomic bombs.

Radiorails

master brummie
I was a volunteer for the Woomera Rocket Range in Australia. I didn't get there but was posted to Great Malvern instead. On reflection Malvern was the better place, cooler and very few snakes. ;)
Woomera apparently means a launching stick for a spear.