• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

South Birmingham Furnishing Co Coventry Road

NOTICE is hereby given, that the Partnershipheretofore subsisting between us, the under-signed, Gumput Woolf and Cecil Wall Mills, carry-ing on business as House Furnishers, at 424,Coventry-road, Birmingham, in, the county of War-wick, under the style or firm of the SOUTH BIR-MINGHAM FURNISHING COMPANY was dis-solved, as and from the 8th day of November, 1922,by mutual consent. All debts due to and owing bythe said late firm will be received and paid by thesaid Cecil Waif Mills, who will carry on the saidbusiness alone without partner under the same styleof the South Birmingham Furnishing Company.—Dated the 8th day of November, 1922.G. WOOLF.070 C. WALL MILLS.

I appears that the partners either had a disagreement, a partner buy out or change of circumstances.

Some photos of this place and subsequent owners. Post 831.

Last edited:
Back