• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Source for some amazing postcards of Brum and adjacent areaa

jennyann

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
This is just a link to EBay of all sites but it contains the most wonderful postcards and personal photos people have for sale, all in the Birmingham area and some great postcards that are fetching quite a price. If you want to spend some time just looking at these items many of which I have never seen before then you can link at CLICK HERE 
There are almost 400 of them and the ones at the first pages are due to come up
for auction soon leaving plenty more.  I just loved looking at all these postcards and photos and I know you all will as well. Grab a cup of tea or some wine and have a great time.....I did                   

Thanks John...great postcards. How the city has changed over the years. I feel like a dinosaur when I can recognize buildings that are long gone. For instance, the original Exchange Building in Stephenson Place was there when I went to school in 1953 on Corporation Street. The ramp leading to New Street Station is where the first Exchange Building was. I believe the building there now is still called Exchange Buildings.
Also, on the postcard of the Queens Hotel next to New Street Station, I used to enter
my office at New Street under the canopy at the far left of the photo in 1957 and often
had a look around the lobby of the Queen's Hotel .

Back