• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Some Soldiers Postcards Home

Louisa

master brummie
On this day when we remember all those soldiers who braveley fought in the world wars, I thought I would share some photos of the postcards that the soldiers sent home to their love ones which I have collected over the years.

Louisa they are lovely and they worked perfectly well done:)

I think there are some more on the Forum try the search box.:)

I think G G Jean posted them

Hi Louisa,
I see by your post you are researching the Ellis family. My Maiden name is Ellis I was bought up in Handsworth. The rest of the family seem to come from Kings Norton that way. If I cane help sent me a mp.
Annie.

Louisa your collection is lovely thank you for posting them for us to see.:)

quote=Alf;159019]
I think there are some more on the Forum try the search box.:)

I think G G Jean posted them[/quote]

No Alf they were from me.

Lovely cards Louise, thanks for sharing. I'll post mine again on this special day.

Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
One from my gt uncle who was unfortunately taken from us in WW2. Hope its ok that this is not 1900 - 1914 thread but the card is in keeping with your thread...

These cards are just a lovely piece of history thanks again for sharing them with us.

Lovely cards...thanks for posting them everyone. I remember we had a few of them years ago. I loved them because they were so colourful.n

Back