• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Some nice 70's Brum pics here

Nice one printmister, thye photo of Greaves Plant Hire was the old Winson Green Picture House says it was demolished in March 1959 don't think so.

But I could be wrong

View attachment 27135

Nice one printmister, thye photo of Greaves Plant Hire was the old Winson Green Picture House says it was demolished in March 1959 don't think so.

But I could be wrong

I think you are right!
I started at Foundry Road school in 1960 and used to walk past there every day.
I'm sure it was there all through my infants and junior years. I don't remember it as a picture house... just as a building where we used play on the steps.

All The Best
John.

I think you are both right
I may be wrong but I think they mean't it was closed in 59 and later demolished ? or maybe not ? PS its an original photo taken by Keith Whelan and there may be more on the article it looks like part of it was cropped ?

Last edited:
That photo of Winson Green picture house looks very much like THE GLOBE in New Town, any one know if its the same Architect?

Back