• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Solihull

Hi guys;
does anybody recall the solihull roofing company of solihull
they had the contract for all the moderations and the roofing within the birmingham area
with the birmingham redevelopements[ birmingham council ]around the selly oak area of birmingham and most areas
my old friend micky caldweller was the general foreman for the company
and he was born and lived in abbey street hockley off the lodge rd by scribbons the bakery ; ?.
Have a nice day everybody best wishes astonian;;

Hi Alan

I remember them well, they did quite a lot of work for me. Ithink they are still trading.

Hi mort ;
nice to hear from you again been a little while yes they was a good honest company ,i do not whether or not they are still
trading but they got the big contract i think they took over where bryants left off at whitmore street smal heath
my friend micky started there as a young one and worked for years for them ;
from boy to manhood and worked his way up to senior foreman [ he was a grafter from the start ]
it was funny how we met when we was young, there was a young girl called carol in our youth days
and when we parted micky whom i did not know at the time started to court her ,after i packed her up
and thats as to be fifty years ago at least i beleive they moved to tysley next to a place called the truck stop in tysley
and the firm sold him the house next to there yard ; i don,t know whether they are stil there when i go to the office today i will pass the yard to tpo my bussiness just around the corner from it
will speak soon ,have a nice day ; alan ; astonian;;

Hi guys
yes they are till in bussiness they are where i said they was in tysesley i passed there modern yard two days ago
they are in wharf rd about 200 yards from the old truck stop ; along side the houses
a big good clean yard and and a new sign above there high shuttr gates
best wishes astonian ;; alan ;;

Back