• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Social History..Children....

JKC

Deleted Upon Request
Photographs of various Children pre 1930.....I love just looking at their faces....I would love to know what was they were thinking of at the time of the photo being shot.

Hi john, this is one of mine which I know what my Mom (the little girl with the letter) was thinking and that is "Mom told me I must get this to the post".
This is the one thing my late Mom told me, what was going on in the photo.
ASTON

Really great photos Aston and John. I did enjoy seeing them very much. It certainly brings the past to life seeing the clothes and faces etc.

Judy

I could look at these photo's all day they are lovely thanks for posting them.

What lovely photos everyone, I like the way some of the children in the middle photo have just about squeezed in.

Lovely lovely faces gappy teeth, some dishevelled, dirty faces, starched collars, and all so beautiful and natural. thank you all

IMGP3101.jpg
The Lilly House at the Botanical Gardens.Not sure about health and safety issues here,neither is the child from her expression !

Back