• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

So sad tonight

rowan

Born a Brummie
we are absolutely devasted tonight.
Our two beloved cats have gone to cross the RAINBOW BRIDGE.

Midget had to go to the vets yesterday mornjg and we had to say goodbye to our lovely little girl.

Then tonight our poor old Mr Stripey said he had had enough and passed peacefully away.

How can we ever get over the lose of our two babies?

The poem "RAINBOW BRIDGE" is helping us alot.

So to two faithful friends we say....... Thank you for choosing us to be your Mom and Dad and sleep peacefully 'til we are reunited"

Rowan I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Our cat died several years ago but is not forgotten. We often talk about him in the family and sometimes when I see a black and white cat with his markings I say doesn't he look like ours did. Time is a great healer and somehow they will stay with you always! My thoughts are with you!

im so very sorry rowan. how awful for you that they both passed away within a day of each other. my heart goes out to you both

:1221: thanks for giving them a loving home

So sorry to hear about your lovely cats Rowan. I know how sad you are feeling.It's hard to lose one but to lose two is so very hard.My thoughts
are with you and your family in memory of Midget and Mr. Stripey.

I am so sorry...How terribly sad to have lost both of them so quickly. When I go down town I always go to see if Gingo (ginger puss) is in his same spot... he is such a lovely old pussycat and today a young girl was sat by the side of him on the pavement. I stopped to stroke him. She asked me if I knew where he lived... which I did. She told me that she had just lost her pussycat last week and was keeping Gingo company. We all love our pussycats so much dont we. I have a photo of my lovely "Roger the Lodger" by the computer..he had such a lovely face.. Bless them all. Georgie

Rowan I am so sorry and can only imagine what you are going through at the moment. What wonderful lives they both had with loving owners like you. That is five cats that I know of that have died since last Monday and that makes for an awful lot of very sad people. I feel for you both. Take care. Jean.

Five years ago we had to say goodbye to our beloved Rupert Cat, who was 18 and had a very full and worthwhile life. We said we'd never, ever, have another cat....so three years ago our lovely jet-black Joolz came into our lives. We will never forget our Rupert, but at the same time we now have Joolz to cherish who, like Dr Samuel Johnson's beloved Hodge, also a black chap, is 'a very fine cat'.

My sincere advice to all cat lovers is this: when, as will inevitably happen, you have to say goodbye to your loved pet, mourn for a respectful while, but then find another little friend.

Big Gee

I don't have a cat. but when we had to say farewell to our dogs, we were all very unhappy - maybe after a while you could get another little friend. Miriam.:(

Weep not for me though I am gone into that gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
There is no need for tears.
For with your love I was so blessed.
For all those many years.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

Copyright 1992 Constance Jenkins

Big Gee

What beautiful words Big Gee and oh so true but at first after losing a pet and dear friend it takes time before you can read this and accept it's meaning. Jean.

Rowan I am so very sorry. I take comfort that perhaps our old and lovely animals are over Kates bridge, free from pain and rheumy joints and lying in sunshine forever young again.

Rowan, I am so terribly sorry about the loss of your beautiful cat's. My friend had to have her's put to sleep this week and she too is heartbroken. Whatever we are going through we are never alone. The pain is awful I know.

Rowan, I am so sorry that you have had to say goodbye to your two lovely cats so close together. Eleven years ago I lost both of my cats. One got run over (on my birthday) and three weeks later the vet discovered my other one had mouth cancer and she had to be put to sleep. I was so upset I said that I would never have another one as I couldn't go through losing another one. Six months later a relatives cat had kittens and I knew the time was right to have another one. I went to visit and came back with two. I will never forget my other cats but I love these two just as much. My other cats had very different characters to each other and strangely these two are just the same.
Polly

Rowan, I am so very very sorry to hear of your tragic loss.

Only last Monday I had to make the hardest decision ever, and that was to have the vet visit and help my little Jasmine to pass away; she was 9 years of age and diagnosed with cancer only three weeks ago, and her decline was rapid. To make matters worse my husband is currently working in Oman, so I was on my own at this awful time and the pain of losing her is sickening.

To add to this we lost another two cats in April; Jessica, was killed in a road accident and only 5 days later Rossi gave up his fight with cancer; so our multi-cat household has been rocked with loss of three beautiful characters; one cat in-particular has reacted quite badly and continues to search for Jasmine and has become very needy and clingy.

I have been fortunate to have a wonderful friend who empathieses totally and without her support I don't know how I would have coped (thank you Maggs, you have been an :angel:); nevertheless my grief is still very raw and tears never far away.

My thoughts are with you at this painful and terrible time, but you babies are now together at Rainbow Bridge.​

Farewell familiar Earth, I am no longer prone
To Earthly gravity which weighs down frail flesh and bone;
My soul is lighter than the feather which on the scales of justice lies,
And now I dance on sunbeams beyond Earth's cloud-studded azure skies.

A far more sad farewell I bid to those who loved me well,
For while I dance light-pawed in paradise, my absence brings them hell,
Do not prolong your sadness, for I know that ere too long we'll meet again,
And you can rest assured that I'm gone far beyond all suffering or pain.

Do not feel guilty, or think that I have felt betrayed,
Because you had to lend a helping had to ease me towards my grave,
And do not feel that you betray me when you take a new cat to your heart,
You will need mortal feline company to fill the time while we remain apart.

Farewell familiar Earth, I am no longer prone,
To the pain of age, and cancers which in my flesh had grown,
Now I dance on sunbeams beyond those broad cerulean skies,
And betimes I will gaze down upon you, with gentle, loving, emerald eyes.

:brokenheart:

We thank you all for all your kind thoughts, we are really grateful.

The house was so empty this morning so we went out but when we came home the tears flowed again. It will take time I know and yes we will be taken over by another sweet little friend when he or she comes up our garden path......... to be loved for it's self but never to replace our little pals.

We lost our old friend Mr Sox 15mths ago but the other two took some of the raw pain away because the needed us...........but now.........

It is my birthday today as well :brokenheart:

I am sorry to hear of your loss...more so since it is a multiple one. We have been through this and I suppose that most here have and can understand the feelings that you are going through. When you take on an animal it is for life; maybe it's or yours. So not a frivolous decision here. They require constant care but in return give us enjoyment and comfort. When our first dog died we found that we could do things that we could not do before because of the need to be at home and this helped to take our minds off the situation. It's when you return home that the loss hits most. Hence Rupi and Japi. Take care.

Rupert

Back