• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Snow Hill (the Road)

I am having a little difficulty orientating myself with this photo. This is mainly because I don't remember a Midland Bank in that area. I remember Lloyds Bank and the Post Office. Is that Priory Queensway going off to the right? I don't actually recognise the buildings. I know that the Kennedy memorial, or part of it, was moved to Digbeth but I think the railway mosaic was just destroyed.
Edit Sorry I was confusing St Chads Circus with Colmore Circus.

From “Birmingham Buildings; the architectural story of a Midland City by Little, Bryan D. G.”

BCEACECE-07D5-4D13-82BD-DEBF721B1139.jpeg

wonderful photo pedro...hard to believe how things look now...this is the white horse cellars pub today...the snow hill photos are also great....lyn

lyn, thank you for that! Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! Such a beautiful city taken away!

The pictures I have posted above are from a book, Birmingham before the Electric tram. It has some great pictures of trams, but also some of the tram routes.

thats a cracking photo pete...cant say as i have seen it before..interesting that the radio/tv shop used to be the welcome hotel

lyn

Back