• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Smith's

deadrellies

proper brummie kid
Any of these Smiths ring a bell
Albert Smith, Sidney Smith, Patrick Smith, Clare Smith, Lilian Smith, Nellie Smith, John (Jack) Smith, Sidney Richard Smith, George Richard Smith, Ivy Smith, Alfred Smith, Herbert Smith, Caroline Smith, Beatrice May Smith, Edith Victoria Smith, Henry Samuel Smith.

Links to Jewellery Trade & Pearl Badge and Button plus ornaments.
Living around Jewellery Quarter & Newtown Areas mainly.
Apparently descendants of Gypsy Queen, not proven though.

Look forward to making contact with anyone that in genuinely proactive and wishes to share info and unproven info to work on breaking down some of these brick walls, I have taken my DNA, which could assist with any possible links.

Albert Smith, Sidney Smith, Patrick Smith, Clare Smith, Lilian Smith, Nellie Smith, John (Jack) Smith, Sidney Richard Smith, George Richard Smith, Ivy Smith, Alfred Smith, Herbert Smith, Caroline Smith, Beatrice May Smith, Edith Victoria Smith, Henry Samuel Smith.

Apparently descendants of Gypsy Queen, not proven though.

Look forward to making contact with anyone that in genuinely proactive and wishes to share info and unproven info to work on breaking down some of these brick walls, I have taken my DNA, which could assist with any possible links.
I don't know if this is of any help but I've been researching my own Romany ancestors and have connections through that branch with a family called Smith, also Romanies, so it's quite possible there's a gyspy queen in your family.

Have you done your DNA on Ancestry or MyHeritage?

Last edited:

Apparently descendants of Gypsy Queen, not proven though.entions

Hello again - just checking my messages (and thank you for the "appreciate" by the way) and noticed looking at your post again that you have a couple of family members with the middle name Richard. My 2 x and 3 x great grandfathers on my dad's side (and who may also have Romanies connections) were both Richard Smith, could be coincidence but might be worth a look. I also have a Caroline Smith (2 x great aunt - born 1831 in Walsall) in my tree.

Very happy to share information with you.

Jonny

Back