• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Smith's

tresario

master brummie
Hello
My grandfather (Alfred Smith)was down as having previously lived at back of 23 Camden Street somewhere around 1925-27...
and the other info I have
My Smith family lived at 14 Craddock Road in 1914 dont know what happened to them after that...

I have them at
1881 39 Grove Lane

1891 at 22 Cherrywood Road

1901 at 23 Vicarage Road

Samuel, Mary Ann, parents,

kids, Alfred(My grandad), Samuel, Jospeh..

Any connections anyone????

Tresario , my Grandfather Albert William Perry , Married Alice Smith in 1909 .Don't have any other details , as do not have the marriage cert yet . I think it may have been in the Handsworth or aston area .(needle in a haystack ) ? :confused2:

Good luck , Isobel

thanks for that, funny enough my granny was called Alice! She wasnt born until 1901 so there isnt a connection..
Good luck with your search, these 'Smiths' are a nightmare to find arent they!
Bernie

Tresario I married a Smith and think you are brave trying to find someone with that very rare name.Ha HA. Know someone who did and ended going down the wrong path. My cousin has researched the Taplin line which was much easier. Never the less all the best. Jean.

Tell me about it Jean...if you have a reasonably rare name, you can trust the info you look up, but when it's a Smith you end up having to buy certificates at £7 a throw to make sure!..it's not just the name but the counties were so different back then..like selly oak being Worcestershire, Harborne being Staffordshire..I meet myself coming back some days when I start working on it!! Thanks for the encouragement..Jean Smith you say...mmm lets see...!!

Back