• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Small Heath Home Guard

C

cornwall col

Does anyone know where I might find information/photos of the 37th bn Home Guard that covered Small Heath

Chris - thanks for the info, I am trying to find some information about the battalion and hopefully some unit photo's but have been unlucky so far - thanks also for the link, there is a little bit of information on that

Lencops

Do you realize this is the same Carlton Cinema which received a direct hit on 25th October 1940 when 20 people were killed? On the anniversary last year a memorial was unveiled and a service held on the site in memory of the people who died. One lady who attended was a child at the time and evacuated to the countryside with her sister. That night her parents went to the cinema and both were killed.

Junie

Junie, Yes i did know, one of the most casualities in place, i understand most people were still sitting in their seats when the bomb hit the Carlton Cinema.

Junie, 56 people were killed in Brum on the 25/10/1940, i don`t know how many were injured and survived, the Home Guard photo was taken, obviously before that date.

Back