• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Small Heath Harriers

I Have just found this interesting post, My dad was a member of Small Heath Harriers in the 1920's his name was Ernest R Harris so were 2 of his brothers William & Arthur Harris, he is on the photo shown above so is William, their father is the gentleman standing on the left of the photo he was on a number of the photo's supporting his son's i have got this photo plus a few more. Thought they may be of interest

Attachments

• Ernest Rowland Harris ( pulling up shorts ).jpg
    Ernest Rowland Harris ( pulling up shorts ).jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Small Heath Harriers 1923 bottom 1st left Ernest Harris, 4th brother (Frank ) back row 8th fro...jpg
    Small Heath Harriers 1923 bottom 1st left Ernest Harris, 4th brother (Frank ) back row 8th fro...jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 9
Wow fame at last. I am in a photo at BHF (photo 2). I was probably 13/14 then and it was the only time I did cross country running. Instead of running over wet rough muddy countryside I found playing rugby on a wet rough muddy field preferable.
My father must have been disappointed. He was in the club by 1922. The club photo for that year is attached, he was 17. According to his membership card, the Club HQ was at the Small Arms Inn Muntz street isnt that where SH alliance had its ground ?). Its training quarters were the Bull Head, Coventry Road where I think the photo was taken.View attachment 130934
My dad is to the left of the photo kneeling his dad is first left standing & his brother William is third row up behind the lad with the dark stripe shirt

Back