• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Small Heath FC 20th July 1904

Allright you smart a*ses, I thought you'd catch on to the fact that as the thread was about FOOTBALL I didn't have to consider other sports.

"such Partisan things as Football!"

Brilliant Dave that reminds me of a song..now how does it go. Ah yes I remember..."We Long to PARTISAN, but we will journey on....come on TOM and you Alf altogether now sing along...KEEP RIGHT ON TO THE...

Was that a freudian slip or am yer a genuine Blue Nose?

I would remind all the Birmingham City FC knockers that we won the League South Cup in 1948, a trophy that the Villa cannot win as it was discontinued with the return of Leagues 1,2,3 & 4 after WW2, and we strolled at Villa Park to win the Football League Cup 3-1 on aggregate in 1963 and they can never win that and City still have that!!, Blues for ever!!!. Len.

"Was that a freudian slip or am yer a geine Blue Nose?"

Beamish, what do you think?

Started going down there in 1956 and have been a Season Ticket holder for most of that time. God knows how my heart keeps going!

Come on now Len, You cant expect me to remember what went on during the period when the bow and arrow was a secret weapon mate! Anyway, all joking aside, I hope you enjoy your season in the Premier League lol Tom

Gone very quiet lad's, nothing to do with BURTON ALBION I hope!

Greetings Tom...I'm hopeless at spelling...that little place in Andulasia, Espana ..how do you spell it er...is it Mala....o I just cant think..of course you'll know...didn't the Girl Pinks lose there recently?

Isn't it wonderful to see youthful ambition...Both Gareth Barry - a promising youth with potential - and too, Zak Knight have decided to move to much bigger clubs...It is indeed getting far more difficult for mediocre clubs to hang on to their best players. Ah well, that's life.

To be fair, it was a Blues' academy team that played Burton. Mind you, the reports coming back from Austria suggest that the first team are not doing any better - no goals in 2 games .... and Al Hilal have just taken the lead in the third game of the tour. Think I'll switch it off!

Watched the Villa v Malaga match last night and it was a diabolical performance. Not sure where the goals are coming from for either team this season.

Isn't it wonderful to see youthful ambition...Both Gareth Barry - a promising youth with potential - and too, Zak Knight have decided to move to much bigger clubs...It is indeed getting far more difficult for mediocre clubs to hang on to their best players. Ah well, that's life.

They moved on to have a rest because they will spend most of the season on the bench on more pay.

Alf, your right there, -On the bench for more pay - sums it up, first team for the Villa is about equal to on the bench for the really big clubs like Man City and Bolton Wanderers...Oh remember Nat Lofthouse....what?

Blues lost 3-0 to Al Halil today, poor performance again. I know these are only pre-season friendlies but to finish the tour 0-7 on aggregate is shameful. McLeish OUT! lol

Alf, your right there, -On the bench for more pay - sums it up, first team for the Villa is about equal to on the bench for the really big clubs like Man City and Bolton Wanderers...Oh remember Nat Lofthouse....what?

Yes Nat The Lion Of Vienna

Last edited:
Went down yesterday, of course. It was the usual meaningless kickabout that you get at most pre-season friendlies. BUT, there was a certain edge to it which you don't see. The Gijon players were going after Bowyer with quite a few hack downs early doors and it didn't take long for Lee to extract some retribution.
Still, it was nice to meet a couple of their fans before the match and to see the bulk of them during the match giving it large! Towards the end they started a Mexican Wave to liven things up a bit for the crowd. We all joined in including their subs who were sat all alone in the Railway end, sorry, Gill Merrick Stand. A nice way to end the match.

You Blues supporters are in a little world of your own with my Son Tom & My Dads family, although I never heard of him supporting any team only Team Ansells & M&B so said Mom

Hey up Alf! Is it that time of the year already. I don't think I can stand another year of depressed Villains. So I might just have a word with Mr McLeish and suggests that we let you win in September only in the interests of reducing the rates of depression you understand. Too, think of the savings to the NHS.

David... yes, the Gijon fans were a great crowd. They were far more entertaining than anything on the pitch - especially when they joined in with a chorus of SOTV down in chav corner! :)

Beamish... I think the NHS are already on a winner with the number of Blues' fans committing suicide this year. :-;

Back