• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Small Heath FC 20th July 1904

B

Black Country Lad

DSCI0001.jpg

Nice bit of info.,there are unkind people who might say, "are they worth it today"...at 1904 prices.

I think Small Heath F C became Birmingham Football Club round about 1904-1005
It didn't become Birmingham City, till sometime in the 1940's.

Nick

Yes, Ive got the newspapers from 1905 where they change their name to just 'Birmingham'.

Small Heath, Small Heath Alliance, Birmingham or Birmingham City...They'll hammer the Villa this seaon...a rose by any other name. altogether now...."Keep right on to the en.........

David I suppose it was easier to spell thats all.
Their few supporters never use it for that reason thats why they use Blues.

Mornin' Alf and all you twelve toed Golams. I thought this would get you out of your caves. Be afraid, be very afraid...the Blues are coming to get you....

Morning Beamer, Hibernation Ok was it.

You might think it wasn't worth getting up for when we get at you.

Hey up Alf...I thought Hibernation were a team in Edinburgh...Wont be long now before the new season...can't wait to hear Mr Delightful O'Neill's excuses...Happy cos I'm Blue...

Allright you smart a*ses, I thought you'd catch on to the fact that as the thread was about FOOTBALL I didn't have to consider other sports.
Also, our glorious Forum must stand above such Partisan things as Football!
And basketball? What's that all about??

David, Mate small heath/Birmingham/FOOTBALL, Sorry , cant see the link.

Hi Tom,

What about the Birmingham Bulls eh? eh? and while we're on the subject..May 63 League Cup Final eh? eh?

Back