• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Situation Comedy

This is difficult because I love Sitcom's, so I will start and probably be back with more, I am sure my first choice would not be popular now,Till death us do part,
Last of the summer wine,
Man about the house,

I liked Rising Damp, Hello Hello, Last of the Summer Wine and George and Mildred the best. Don't make them like that these days as they tend to be Americanised humour. I watched a programme last week with some of the cast of Hello Hello re-living the show and it was great. Did anyone else see it?. Jean.

Each to his own, I think one that springs to mind is "Dads Army" it did have some rather good serious moments and I still take pleasure in watching all the repeats.

for me its got to be FAWLTY TOWERS first, but also loved steptoe and son, and till death us do part.

Only fools and horses has to be up there with the best, then theres Porridge, The Likely Lads.....the list goes on.

Terry

Watching some celeb chat show where they have to pick their favoourites and it made me thin. Hancock, sykes, porridge but the one that I still laugh out loud to is "Father Ted"...but then again "Whatever happenned to the Likely lads"...Royle famikly. Nearly forgot "Early Doors" only two series but brilliant.

Haancocks Half Hour and The likely Lads where my favourites but there were many more I enjoyed watching but never liked Up Pompy and Dinner Ladies. Eric

Got to be Allo Allo, but Dads Army comes a close second. Best comedy actor Norman Wisdom though not sit-com. Hubby says Blackadder and Eric Morecambe, will ask the oldies tomorrow!!x

Fawlty Towers - only 12 were made and they are all brilliant.

As a child I remember watching Bless this house with Sid James and finding it really funny.

If I had to pick a more recent one it would have to be Vicar of Dibley.

One that nobody seems to remember, Me Mammy with Yootha Joyce, more recent, My family, The Kumars at number 42

We are realy lucky with the high standard of British sitcoms, If you stop and think there are so many from as far back as the Larkins right up to Miranda. Faulty Towers takes my vote and anything with Ronnie Barker coming a close second.

Then there is Keeping up Appearances, and the latest one that I like is Benidorm.

Terry

Fawlty Towers; Early Doors; Ever Decreasing Circles; The Good Life; Steptoe and Son.......hated Benidorm, 'Ello 'Ello and Last of the Summer Wine, sorry.

Back