• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Situation Comedy

I quite liked 'Dont Wait up' too, which starred Nigel Haver's and Dinah Sheridan. Tony Britten was excellent in it, so funny. Does anyone remember Alf Garnett, and his long suffering wife and daughter (Una Stubbs)? Just can't think of the title at the moment.

How about 'Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width'.
Or, Whacko! with Jimmy Edwards.

Here is a site that lists a lot of sitcoms. Must admit, I dont know most of them. Just seen one though I liked. 'The Fenn St Gang'
Terry

This page lists the names of British sitcoms that have been broadcast on TV and radio. Our guides to most of these comedies aren't finished yet, but we're working hard to provide complete coverage as soon as we can...
https://www.comedy.co.uk/guide/genre/sitcom/

Last edited:
I don't know if it qualifies but my choice is " Hello Eth " was it The Larkins or by another name which I have this minute forgot.
The Glums on radio.
Another if it qualifies is before my time Max Miller.

I quite liked 'Dont Wait up' too, which starred Nigel Haver's and Dinah Sheridan. Tony Britten was excellent in it, so funny. Does anyone remember Alf Garnett, and his long suffering wife and daughter (Una Stubbs)? Just can't think of the title at the moment.
Till death us do part another favorite,

Waiting For God, The Good Life, Ever Decreasing Circles, The Likely Lads, Dad's Army, anything with Ronnie Barker and anything with Victoria Wood.

in "the good life" which I used to love. How come barbara without any ids didn't work before they went self dufficient and yet they had that big Home Counties house with no mortgage??

Thank you pollypops. I will have a look at that. I remembered what it was called after I had sent my post. How I loved Freddy Frinton, both him and Thora seemed such lovely gentle people.

Another 1960'ss sitcom I remember was' never mind the quality feel the width' about two men working in a taliors shop, one Jewish & the other Irish

Back