• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sir Stirling Moss

Alberta

Super Moderator
Staff member
RIP Sir Stirling Moss. Motoring icon.
How many motorists stopped by the police years ago for speeding heard the words'who do you think you are Stirling Moss'

mikejee

Super Moderator
Staff member
RIP. A great driver. I was watching , over the fence , at Goodwood when he had the crash. We wondered what had happened, and only found out later when we got home and heard the news on the radio

knobbydave

master brummie
Met him once at Leicester. His train was late (not mine, I'd just worked in and was changing platforms). I just tried to 'help this old geezer who was obviously frustrated about something'. Probably the fact that I was in a railway uniform (not the company he was travelling with) didn't help. He gave me a mouthful of abuse including 'Don't you know who I am!'. I still tried to help him though .. hey ho.

Great driver.

Rest in Peace Stirling