• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Silly Verses

leonardjob

Great Russell St
As a child in the 50's the family had a bungalow at Hill farm Northwood Halt on the Severn Valley Railway line. As Dad had to work on a Saturday my brother and I were often taken by my Aunty Audrey and Uncle Albert both still with us. Uncle Albert as well as being able to draw the best Spitfires kept us amused with silly Rhymes or verses.. One I still remember but he has forgotten.

"Whats for thupper Muther
Thoup ma son
What, Thoup again?
I'm thick of thoup
Its always thoup for thupper"

Any one else heard it??

I don't remember that one Leonard, but we used to sing this one about a banjo and put extra l's in it. I am going to try and write it down how it sounds!!

I uloosed to hallav a little ballanjo
And rellest it all on my kneeleeleelee
But nowlow the strilings are brolololoken
And nolo more goolood to meeleeleelee

I toolook it tooloo a little mallallan
To seelee what heelee could dooloolooloo
He saylaid the strilings are brolololoken
And nolo more goolood to youloolooloo

I used to have a little banjo
And rest it all on my knee
But now the strings are broken
And no more good to me