• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Silly Rhymes.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the kings horses and all theKings men
Had scrambled eggs for breakfast again!!

JACK AND JILL WENT UP THE HILL
TO HAVE A BIT OF FUN
JILL FORGOT TO TAKE THE PILL
AND NOW THEY HAVE A SON

Bunk eye squint eye went to the fair
Bought 3 horses, one was a mare
One was blind and the other coudn't see
Bunk eye, squint eye, 123

If I had a donkey and he wouldn't go
D'you think I'd wallop him? Oh dear no
I'd put him in the stable and give him some corn
The best little donkey that ever was born

Ha Ha ha , hee hee hee
Little brown jug don't I love the
Ha ha ha, you and me
Little brown jug don't I love thee

( A skipping song)
Not last night, but the night before
24 robbers came knocking at my door
As I ran to let them, this is what the first one said to me
Spanish lady, turn around
Spanish lady, touch the ground
Spanish lady, do the high kicks
Spanish lady, do the splits

Please excuse my Roman Catholic upbringing for this version of Mary Had A Little Lamb

Mary had a little lamb she kept it in a bucket every time the lamb got out the sheepdog used to bark.----no signature

or even my r.c upbringing dek hows about maery had a little lamb the midwive was suprized but when old macdonald had a farm the doctor nearly died

or hows about this

a man fell down a sewer
and down a sewer died
the coroner gave his verdict
and called it sewercide

Mary had a little lamb, she also had a bear
I've often seen her little lamb, but never seen her bear.

Have a nice day,,, Wally.

Jack and Jill,
Went up the hill,
To get a pail of water.
Jill came down,
With half-a-crown
For doing what she hadn't ought't'.

We as kids used to say to each other ..
Tell Tale Tit , you tongue will split ,
and all the little doggies will have a little bit

Peter told me a rhyme they said to their brother Mervin to wind him up. There was a red nut who fell in the cut and killed all the fish, but he is not sure what comes next?.

Mom used to sing this to us down the air raid shelter and I still sing it to my grand kids. 'There was a man and and he went mad and her run up a steeple, he pulled off his big red nose and threw it at the people, there was a lady passing by who thought it very funny, she picked it up and wiped it dry then sold it for some money. Regards, David.

Hi David. Mom used to say there was a little man who had a little gun and his bullets were made of lead lead lead forgot the bit in the middle but it ended he shot someone dead dead dead????. Jean.

Jean, 'Ginger nut fell in the cut and frightened all the fishes, a fish came up and swallowed him up and that was the end of ginger nut.' I too am a ginger nut so had it sung to me many many times which caused many fist fights. Regards David.

Jean, 'There was a little man who had a little gun and his bullets were made of lead, he went to the brook and shot a little duck right in the middle of its head. Regards, David.

I think the one mom told us shot poor Johny somebody or other dead?. She used to say the one. "I chased a bug around a tree I'll catch his blood he knows I will. Don't say it too fast though?. Jean.

Hi Thylacine
Two of my wifes (learnt on her Granmas lap );

Whats your name? Mary Jane
Where do you live? Down the Lane
Whats your address ? Watercress
Whats the number ? Cucumber

Mr Knox, keeps his socks
In a pale pink chocolate box
Orange socks with spots and clocks
Oh you dandy Mr Knox.

Back