• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Silly ginger

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks..ive been giggling all day at these pics i took this morning of our ginger sunbathing in the back garden..well i thought he was sunbathing until i noticed the empty bottle by the side of him..now i think he may have been drunk lol...he really is the most comical cat ive ever had...hope these pics bring a smile to your faces...

lyn
gingerasleep003.jpg

gingerasleep002.jpg

gingerasleep001.jpg

lol froth that came out of miller st many moons ago...the old chimney pot from farm st is on the other side of the garden..lol

lyn

He's a real character Lyn. He reminds me of the Puss in Boots in Shrek! Can just see him dressed up in his black hat with feather, swashbuckling boots and sword!! Lovely. Viv.

Ha Ha Lyn what a treasure!! Viv is so right are you sure he hasn't been in the movies. Thanks that has made my day...x

hes lovely lyn. what a weird position to get himself into but he certainly looks relaxed and happy. chris

so pleased ginger is giving you all a giggle...im still trying to figure out how he got in that position in the first place...its like he sort of sat on his bum...fell back and stayed there...lol..

Lyn,

I think your ginger cat needs to make an appointment to talk to someone. Slobbed out doesn't describe it. Our black cat Joolz usually looks like there's a bad smell under his nose whenever there's a human nearby. Your cat looks like he just doesn't give a ****.

Big Gee

lol big gee he dosnt give a *****..hes the most laid back cat ive ever seen..he is another waif and stray i took on a year ago..someone left a few doors down and didnt take him with her..took me weeks to gain his trust as he was so scared of humans...now look at him..

Last edited:
I think he is a bit of a poser?. How could someone just up and leave a beautiful cat like Ginger?. Maybe he didn't want to go with her Lyn as he knew you lived just a few doors away?. Lucky puss.

hi jean beats me how he could be just left to fend for himself as well..i took him on at about the same time as that little 12 week old came to my back door...im sure all these homeless cats are telling each other about me lol...

It's the expression on his face...like..."Yeah, what of it? Got a problem?" We've had several waif-and-stray cats over the past 40-odd years, and in our experience these are the ones who form the best bonds with their human servants. Our dear Joolz was left in a box at a garage with 3 brothers and sisters, and he is the most affectionate and good-natured puss we've ever had. But he is also the most superior cat we've known.......

Big Gee

good on you for taking joolz in big gee..ginger certainly has a way with him and he stays very close to home which is a good thing...will keep you posted on his antics...

lyn

lol topsy i forgot about the union sign (came from the union pub gerrard st)..so with that and the empty bottle lying close by i would say he has definately been out on the town all night..by the way that bottle was found in a derilict church in wales and our tom thought it was worth bring home as a momento...hes worse than me for collecting artifacts lol..

lyn

What great photo's certainly brightened up my Monday. I would love another cat but my last one lived to be 19 so would be unfair as it might out live me now.

If its not been done before perhaps we could have a pet photo section on here.

so pleased my pics have brighened up your day..its always difficult to know when and if to have a new pet...19 years is a long time to own a cat..if you would like to post some of your own pic just start a new thread with a title on this section...thats a good idea...

lyn

He's absolutely lovely Lyn. He reminds me of our Archie, who used to sit like an old man laid back in his armchair. You were so lucky to have a beautiful cat like that decide to come and live with you.

Back