• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Shropshirelad

shropshirelad

Brummie babby
Hi there, I am Ian from Bridgnorth in Shropshire. My Grandmother, Grandfather, Father and Uncle lived in the 'council house' in Handsworth many years ago (late 50's early 60's ish) Helen and Owen (Jim) Alton, my Father Ivor and his brother Brian, Brians initials being BSA! Does anyone remember them? Granddad was ex army having served in WW2 with the Royal Warwickshire 1st Bn where he was a regimental Sgt major under Sir Basil McFarland.

I recently bought a motorcycle restoration project, a 1957 BSA Dandy 70cc motor scooter. Did anyone here work at the BSA factory and do they recall this model? It was not the best BSA model by a long way but was innovative and was a bold move for the company. Id love to see pics of the production lines in the BSA factory especially of Dandy's being built if possible but for now just dropping by to say a big hello!

:)

Ian

Hello Ian - perhaps you should get in touch with Handsworth Historical Society, they have a coffee morning once a month in that 'council house'. I am sure they would love to hear from you. It's a grand old building, with a lovely 'feel' to it, but is one building now rather than the original three (I think).

Back