• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Showing Married Cousins on Ancestry Family tree

jmadone

master brummie
I wonder if anyone can help me. My Gt. Gt. Grandfather was married in Birmingham to his first cousin. How can I show this on Ancestry family tree without having duplicate persons. I've tried tried merging with duplicate but I still have them shown twice in the same tree. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure but when you added her as his wife did you select her from someone already on the tree or add her as a new person? Will try later from my laptop and see what happens.

Not sure but when you added her as his wife did you select her from someone already on the tree or add her as a new person? Will try later from my laptop and see what happens.
I selected her from someone already on the tree. Originally I had my grandfather married to a lady of the same name and nearly the same birth date. Now I've found that this is wrong and he married his Uncle's daughter, already shown on the tree.

Back