• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Short Heath Park

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
Are there any pictures of Short Heath Park in Court Lane and Goosemoor Lane. Not a particularly interesting park, no boating lake or band stand, just some football pitches and changing rooms. I used to be a Sunday morning regular late forties early fifties to watch the football matches
Bob

Are there any pictures of Short Heath Park in Court Lane and Goosemoor Lane. Not a particularly interesting park, no boating lake or band stand, just some football pitches and changing rooms. I used to be a Sunday morning regular late forties early fifties to watch the football matches
Bob
No sooner the word than the deed Bob...

Shortheath Pak 1.JPGShortheath Park 2.JPGShortheath Park 3.JPGShortheath Park 4.JPG
1. Back to Goosemoor Lane looking up the hill.
2. The new part of the park which used to be allotments (Leading to Baldmore Lake estate).
3. Looking up the hill again towards Court Lane and Jerry's Lane. You can just see the children's playground where our pre-fab used to be.
4. The other end of the footpath in pic.2 leading to the new gate in Goosemoor Lane. The old gate is still there.

And lastly, while we're in the vicinity - any idea which part of Court Lane this might be?

View attachment 155477
Gosh what a picture, as there was nothing except thee three cottages and the 'Barracks' above the Greyhound until the late twenties and early thirties and I think this applies also to most of Court Lane from just below the Greyhound and the old terrace of houses that included Mrs Davies's shop, it could be that stretch, but sorry cannot help
Bob

Back